Thursday 30 January 2014

Hello All,

Thanks so much for checking out my adventure in writing about everything warm glass. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, it refers to glass working techniques using a kiln (usually). It is also known as fused glass.

I am just starting to get serious about this business, as I find I now have more time to devote to it. I have been selling pieces in the Cold Lake Visual Arts Society in downtown Cold Lake, and I recently was chosen to create the awards presented at the Cold Lake Women of Influence Awards Gala, happening at the 4 Wing Theatre on 07 March 2014. But more about that later...

First, I wanted to acknowledge a few people who have helped me discover my talents in glass: My husband, Sean, who always supports my creativity. Brenda McLaughlin of M & M Glass with Class in Moose Jaw, SK was my first glass teacher (in stained and fused glass) and I learned much from her. I would also like to thank my friend, Sabina Arends of Fireworx Glass Studio in Courtenay, BC. We were together in Moose Jaw for some time, and I learned a great deal from her, too. Thanks!

Since I started working with glass in 2006, there has been a great increase in information available online for those seeking knowledge about techniques and ideas. I hope to share some of my more involved projects and ideas here with you in order to inspire and inform everyone wanting to know more on the subject of warm glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment